League of Friends of Uckfield Community Hospital
Welcome to the official website
We help and support Uckfield Community Hospital
How do we support the hospital?
- In last 6 years we have donated nearly £500,000
- We have helped with equipment, bringing new services to the hospital, and supporting the staff
- We are always looking to help patients and staff have a better experience at Uckfield hospital
How are we able to help & support Uckfield Hospital?
- By donations from the public, however small or large—every little helps!
- Remember we are a charity so gifts can avoid taxation (details)
- We are all volunteers, so there is no waste, your £ gives a £ to the hospital
It’s your hospital and we try to help ensure you have an excellent local service and the best experience possible.
Since 2010 the League of Friends have contributed approximately £480,000 to The Uckfield Community Hospital in support of the facilities and services offered to the local inhabitants of the town and the surrounding villages.
Amongst the extensive list of items provided to the Hospital are; an extension to the day room for the use of patients; assistance in replacing and upgrading the x-ray machine from analogue to digital format; bed, mattress and privacy screening improvements for patients comfort; additional and upgraded surgical equipment; technical literature; televisions to all areas throughout the hospital; patients furniture, together with numerous other items.
The provision of the monies that allowed this level of support has been made possible as a result of generous legacies and donations from grateful and supportive members of the public and also fundraising, promotions and activities by members of the committee and hospital supporters.
These activities include stalls at the Uckfield Big Day and Lions’ Day Fetes, the sale of books in the hospital and the 100+ club for which we always welcome new members. The cost of this is only £1 per month ie. £12 per annum and there are monthly prize draws of £20, £15 and £10 together with twice yearly bonus draws of £75 and a Christmas bonanza draw of £100. Entry forms can be obtained from the secretary, Joan Stocker 01825 764839.